Bacon & Day (3)
Crafters of TN (1)
Frank Neat (1)
Gibson Copy (1)
Recording King (1)
Show More Brands...
For Sale or Trade: 1928 Gibson Conversion Banjo - Make Me an Resonable Offer.
For Sale is a 1928 Pre War Gibson 4 to 5 string banjo RB-3 Conversion.
Used in great condition! The 90 year old rim (serial number 907 - 9 - 20 best I can tell - see photo) and refurbished resonator are in perfect shape for their age, no problems. The rest of the banjo is used but in great shape.The original rim was cut for the new flathead tone ring. This is a great combination for pre war conversions. All the parts were made to fit each other perfectly. It's like getting a slightly used 90 year old Gibson banjo. The tone from the old growth maple is the key. We will never see wood like this again. This is a great sounding banjo. I have $2,900 in the banjo and I need to ship it, but I've reduced it to $2,595! Will also consider trades involving Baldwin Ode or Recording King American made banjos or Elites.
1928 Pre War Gibson Parts:
- 1928 Hard Maple 3 ply Wood Rim
- 1928 Original Resonator: exterior Mahogany veneer reskinned.
- 1928 Original but modified tailpiece for 5 string
- Gibson 5 string neck
- Waverly tuners 1-4
- 5 Star - 5th string tuner
- 1 Piece Flange, tension hoop and hooks - Prucha parts are pre war designed parts
- American Made Banjo Head
- Tone Ring - The guy that I bought the banjo from told me it was a Blaylock No-Hole Gold ring. After some research, I found out that Tim Davis's shop did the original conversion work and that it may be one of his Memphis Belle tone rings.
- Quality Guardian Hard shell Case included
- Wyatt banjo bridge