Bacon & Day (2)
Crafters of TN (1)
Frank Neat (1)
Gold Star (1)
Show More Brands...
For Sale: EUROPE: 1931 Gibson TB-11 conversion
After getting a different lightweight banjo, I'm considering selling my hoop banjo. The pot has a lot of wear to the sides as usually seen on these blue banjos, but everything is as it should be: Solid and strong.
It started life as a style 11 tenor, but marked S. S. Stewart - original celluloid peghead overlay included for history's sake.
- 9744-36 stamped in rim and marked in resonator
- Excellent straight grain maple neck by Robin Smith from 2018, made for this pot - colormatched and fitted by Rob.
- Spikes at 7-8-9-10
- 2 Waverly tuners, and 2 Schaller D-tuners, and a 5-star 5th peg.
- Original flange, tension hoop, hooks/nuts, lugs/thumbscrews, armrest and single coordinator rod.
- Prewar presto tailpiece (drilled under the cover for 5th string).
It's currently set up for traditional bluegrass drive with a 5/8" bridge, tailpiece under a little tension and the head almost pinpoint at G# - lots of volume and cut, and clear at the high notes. Plenty of room for setup for both more bite or more rounded/sustain. Your choice of gigbag or hardcase.
Happy to send more pictures and video sample to anyone seriously interested. You don't see too many of these around Europe, so here's your chance.