Bacon & Day (1)
Crafters of TN (2)
Frank Neat (1)
Gold Star (2)
Show More Brands...
For Sale: 2006 Gibson RB-4 Retro 4 banjo #16 of 40
Here's a beautiful, limited-edition RB-4 'Retro 4' banjo, made in 2006, but in practically unused condition. The head is not original, but other than that, there is no playwear or scratches, marks, etc.
- Walnut neck and resonator
-1920's style fiddle shape peghead with Hearts and Flowers inlay in rosewood fretboard
- Figured 'stumpwood' resonator, in contrast to the usual burled walnut
- Aged binding and purfling
- Vintage style ivoroid buttons
- Chrome plated hardware, in keeping with prewar Style 4 spec
Great, mature sound; a real cut above most recent Gibsons. The neck is also is superbly crafted, with a very slender, unique feel.
Note that this banjo is for sale on Reverb as well so it can be gone at any moment.