Bacon & Day (1)
Frank Neat (1)
Heartland (Robin Smit... (2)
Rich & Taylor (1)
Show More Brands...
For Sale: Cloverlick Knaves Run EKTube Oldtime Special
This is an unplayed Cloverlick openback banjo built by Jeff Kramer. The unplated brass has tarnished as you would expect. NO TRADES.
CLOVERLICK MODEL AND DETAILED LISTING
• KNAVES RUN EKTube Oldtime Special
RIM, HARDWARE, AND POT CONSTRUCTION
• McPeak Lightning Maple and ebony bridge thinned and shaped for best tone 11/16"
• Total string between 1st and 5th width at bridge will be standard Crowe 46 mm
• ACTION SET - 3/16" over twelfth. Rise over head at fingerboard will be 3/8"
• All Hardware solid brass by CloverLick with 14 bracket hook construction, side drilled tension hoop
• Head, Renaissance
• Oldtime Special Add on - Rim binding of Curly Koa on outside of rim, OS Upgrade
• Rim, CloverLick Blockstyle 3/4" thick
• Rim bottom dressed with wood rim bottom dress in Cocobolo
• Rim, 12 diameter X 3/4 thick x 2 3/4 overall depth
• Rim, wood will be White Oak
• Kerschner Brass / Nickel Tailpiece
NECK CONSTRUCTION DETAILS
• The fifth string tuner on Knaves Run is between the 5th and 6th frets (DILLER PREFERENCE)
• Neck wood will be White Oak
• Oldtime style dowel stick and custom hardware
• No Bindings on neck, natural wood beauty.
• Necks are split construction with a 1/4" center vertical veneer and halves are opposed for stability and strength
• Face woods for peghead, fingerboard, armrest, heelplate in Cocobolo
• Fingerboard nut and 5th string nut will be aged old bone.
• Stainless Steel Frets
• Oldtime Special Add On - Peghead will get special intricate cut
• Radiused fingerboard of 20 inches and overl neck thickness of 13/16" (DILLER PREFERENCE)
• Heel angle of 1/2 degree at most, 3/16" fingerboard rise over head for clawhammer playing
• Fretted scale length will be 24 1/2
• Neck will have 19 fretted positions
• Neck at the nut will be 34mm and 50 mm at the pot. This is slightly wider than most banjos today and makes for easier fingering.
• Mini railroad spike installed in second position on fifth string to allow "A" capoing.
• Dual permanent carbon filament truss rods for strength, stability, and tone
• Tuner Knobs will be Black
• 4 standard Keith tuners in brass with black knobs - upgrade option, fifth string to be gold plated with black knob
• Oldtime Special Add on - Maple veneer underlayment beneath facewoods in peghead, fingerboard, heel plate, and bottom dress for visual line enhancement
INLAYS AND FINISH DETAILS
• Hand rubbed oil finish polished to a smooth satin luster, base coats in mineral oil, then shellac, then gun oils
• All wood is left natural in color to promote most natural feel and appearance
• "I X" engraved at the 9th fret
• Peghead will have 3 shell style Trillium, engraved, using gold mother of pearl, pau abalone and red abalone / custom parlor grade set.
• Antique coal script coin inlayed in fingerboard near the pot says much about the banjo tradition
• Side dots at the 3,5,7,9,12,15,17 positions
• Oldtime Special Add On - diamonds are added to the 3,5,7, 9*,12,15,17 in Gold Mother of Pearl. There is an "IX" at the ninth fret
OTHER MISC ITEMS
• Hardshell professional style case.
• Two brass nameplates inside pot reflecting model, serial number, builder, grade, and owner name. Brass plate on case with owner name and banjo name
• Banjo serial number KR-OS-021, Banjo Name "Round-Headed Boy"